The role of the University is to create and disseminate knowledge in the field of sustainable use of resources, environment, community planning and food production in the Arctic region. For more info contact HR Manager.
Due to increased activities, i.a. UNIgreen Alliance – European University Initiative, AUI is looking for a specialist in the field of project and quality management at AUI´s office of International Relations and Research.
Projects and responsibilities
- Project and quality management i.a. coordinating the quality committee of the UNIgreen Alliance
- Coordinating strategic development of evaluation and quality assurance
- Participating actively in international and national collaboration
- Raising R&D grants as well as innovation grants
- Coordinating dissemination and reporting activities
- Organizing and conducting events
- Participating in the professional development within the university
- Phd or Master degree in relevant fields
- Experience in project and quality management
- Experience in international research and collaborative projects and obtaining project grants
- Accuracy and skills in working with numerical data
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills
- Good English language skills
- Christian Schultze, Head of International Relations and Research email@example.com
- Guðmunda Smáradóttir, Human Resource and Quality Manager firstname.lastname@example.org
Application deadline: April 17th 2023
The application shall include certificates attesting to education and work experience and a letter of introduction. Salary is in accordance with the current collective agreements of public employees.
Assistant Professor of Agricultural Sciences at the Agricultural University of Iceland
The position of Assistant Professor in Agricultural Sciences within the Faculty of Agricultural Sciences at the Agricultural University of Iceland (AUI) is open for applications.
There are many exciting projects ahead to improve our knowledge of greenhouse gas emission from livestock and cultivated soils. The employee is expected to be one of AUI's leaders in those projects.
The role of the Agricultural University of Iceland is to create and share knowledge in the field of sustainable use of resources, environments, landscape planning and food production in Nordic regions.
Main tasks and responsibilities
- Develop and contribute internationally recognised research in the field of greenhouse gas emissions from agricultural activity
- Publish peer-reviewed scientific articles, gain research grants and actively participate in international and national collaboration
- Develop courses at undergraduate and post-graduate level
- Supervise students in research projects
- Participate in the enhancement of research and development activities within the university
- Doctoral degree in the field of agricultural sciences, bioengineering, or biochemistry
- Research experience in the field of agriculture and/or greenhouse gases
- Teaching experience and willingness to disseminate knowledge within the field
- Experience in participating in research projects and obtaining research funds
- Strong communication skills and ability to work collaboratively
- Knowledge of Icelandic agriculture is preferable
- Experience in management within a university is an advantage
- Icelandic language competence is desired
- Þóroddur Sveinsson, Head of the Faculty of Agricultural Sciences email@example.com
- Guðmunda Smáradóttir, Human Resources and Quality Manager firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants must enclose with their application a certificate of their academic career and work, a bibliography, a report on scientific work and other work they have done, a cover letter including information on research emphases and ideas for teaching methods/development of knowledge dissemination in the field. Attention is drawn to the fact that, according to AUI's rules, the Rector may grant promotion to the position of associate professor or professor immediately upon appointment if the applicant meets the relevant qualification criteria.
The Agricultural University of Iceland reserves the right to reject all applications. All applications will be answered when a decision on recruitment has been reached. Wages are determined in accordance with the collective wage agreements of public employees.