We specialize in research in the field of agricultural sciences, environmental and natural sciences and life sciences. For example fodder and soil analysis, molecular genetics, forest sciences, soil conservation and erosion, carbon fixation and emission of greenhouse gasses.
The university also posesses facilities and equipment for wide arrange of chemical analysis. Our emphasis is on reseach wich is a strenght for our research based postgraduate and doktoral studies.
Research and International Coordinator
Christian Schultze, Tel. +354 433 5000
Margrét Ágústa Jónsdóttir
- Christian Schulze Research and International coordinator
- Isabel C Barrio Head of Faculty Environmental & Forest Sciences
- Þóroddur Sveinsson Head of Faculty Agricutlural Sciences
- Sigríður Kristjánsdóttir Head of Faculty Planning & Desing S&H
- Agronomy Centre Hvanneyri
- Hvanneyri Dairy Farm
- Hestur Sheep farm
- Reykir Campus Environmental Research
- Greenhouse Reykir Campus
- Research Lab Keldnaholt Campus
- Research Lab Hvanneyri Campus
- Research Lab Reykir Campus
The Agricultural University of Iceland runs an Agronomy centre in Hvanneyri with equipment for research and harvesting sampling and storing specimen.
The Centre also runs experiments around Iceland
The dairy farm is a research and teaching farm